Please support HANO's work to strengthen the nonprofit sector with a donation through JustGive.org.
MEET Our Board
HANO's Board of Directors.
SUBSCRIBE to HANO
- ACLU Releases Report on Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence and Policing
- HILT and Partners Protect 35 Acres and Part of Ala Kahakai National Historic Trail
- GIFT Foundation raises funds for CTL, HIHO, and Na Kama Kai
- USA Funds Awards $4.6 million to University of Hawaii for Work-Force Development
- Hawaii's Clean Energy Financing Program Doles Out 150 Applications
HANO Member Benefits
Thanks to everyone who participated in this year's conference! We're appreciative of the feedback we've received to date and glad to hear that it was a day well-spent.
- "All of the sessions were excellent! I left w/ a multitude of takeaways."
- "Content of workshops provided were very helpful. I will use many of the resources and information to further our nonprofit reach and sustainability. Opportunity to network and reconnect with neighbor island partners/nonprofits is priceless."
- "Keynote speaker Dr. Beamer, who spoke from the heart, was very inspiring. His sentiments resonated with me on a deep level."
Did you miss HANOCON 2015?
Thanks to 'Olelo Community Media's video on demand service, you can catch a replay of the keynote presentation by Dr. Kamana Beamer HERE, and the awards ceremony honoring Kevin Chang and Allen Arakaki HERE. These sessions will also be aired on OLELO 53 on November 8 at 10 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
Additionally, presenter materials can now be accessed via the conference app.
Click HERE to peruse the description of conference sessions, most of which now include copies of the presenter's slide decks.
Feeling stuck in your work? Free your mind and the rest will follow! Join HANO and Design Thinking Hawaii a Design Thinking Bootcamp. Click HERE to register.
What is Design Thinking?
- asking the right questions
- challenging assumptions
- generating a range of possibilities
- learning through targeted stages of iterative prototyping
This session will provide participants an immersive experience in design thinking. You will learn to use ethnographic tools and contextual inquiry to observe, interview, and develop empathetic insights to lead transformative, rather than incremental innovation.
In today’s legal and economic climate, protecting board members, staff and the organization itself from claims is critical. HANO provides low-cost, high-quality D&O insurance. Read More
Your Membership Is Important: The more nonprofit members HANO has the more effective the Alliance can be on their behalf. To learn more about HANO and to apply for membership, joining more than 270 Hawaii nonprofits who are already members, click HERE.
TRY HANO's Job Bank
Hire the Best; Find a New Job: HANO's powerful online Job Bank brings Hawaii nonprofit employers and jobseekers together. Employers, post a job or scan candidate resumes. Job hunters, post your resume for FREE and let jobs find you. Check it out − click HERE.
USE HANO Consultants
Let HANO Assist You: We can bring workshops like board governance, budgeting, fund development and advocacy to your nonprofit. We also facilitate conversations and planning sessions and provide other services. For details, click HERE.