Please support HANO's work to strengthen the nonprofit sector with a donation through JustGive.org.
MEET Our Board
HANO's Board of Directors.
CONNECT to HANO
SUBSCRIBE to HANO
HANO Member Benefits
- 27 June 2014
The Hawaii Alliance of Nonprofit Organizations presents the Annual Hawaii Nonprofit Conference from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 2, at the Ala Moana Hotel, 410 Atkinson Drive, Honolulu. We invite you to be part of the 2014 Hawaii Nonprofit Conference.
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to connect with a highly targeted audience of hundreds of Hawaii’s nonprofit leaders. Make your impact as a sponsor or exhibitor and support the vital work nonprofits do for the community. This event promises to deliver a full day of non-stop inspiration, information and interaction designed to help nonprofits put their ideas to work.
You Won’t Want to Miss This Year’s Conference
- It’s the PREMIER NONPROFIT EVENT in Hawaii. With more than 300 nonprofit professionals attending, the conference serves as the largest gathering of nonprofits in the State. Participants return year after year, bringing back to their organizations the expert knowledge, inspirational ideas and resource solutions they need to maximize their impact on our communities.
- This Year’s Conference Will Deliver the Most Diverse Audience Ever. This year we’ve partnered with professional speakers to reach a large audience across more subsectors, career levels and decision-makers than ever before.
- We Connect Nonprofits with You and the Resources They Need. Nonprofit leaders come to access top-notch information, products and services. Our expo and marketplace showcases dozens of products and provides solutions to help meet their needs.
Click HERE to download the sponsor and exhibitor packet.
- 27 June 2014
HANO is putting together a busy schedule of training opportunities to build your organization's capacity to succeed. Watch for more details as we update this page in the coming weeks.
- Voter Engagement for Hawaii Nonprofits, Tuesday, Aug. 12. More details soon.
- Engaging Your Board in Fundraising. Creating the Conditions for Fundraising Success, Friday, Aug. 22 on Hawaii Island. More details soon.
- 28 June 2014
Everyone knows Hawaii’s voter turnout statistics are dismal, but do you know what the voter turnout is in your own circles? Are all of the eligible voters you know -- your staff, board, volunteers, clients, community members, friends and family -- registered to vote and ready to cast their ballots?
Election season is a great opportunity to encourage people to participate in the democratic process and discuss the many important issues that affect our communities. By staying nonpartisan and following some key guidelines, 501(c)(3) organizations can successfully engage in election-related activities. Here are some useful resources for 501(c)(3) nonprofits who want to get active this election season:
Nonprofit VOTE – Visit their website for various resources and easy-to-read factsheets on 501c3 voter engagement. For example, check out these:
- 501(c)(3) Permissible Activities Checklist
- What Nonprofit Staff Can Do
- Voter Participation Starter Kit
Bolder Advocacy at the Alliance for Justice – Another great source of informational materials and legal advice for nonprofits doing voter engagement and advocacy. Some recommended reading:
- Election Checklist for 501(c)(3) Public Charities
- Candidate Questionnaires and Voter Guides
- Hosting Candidate Debates
In today’s legal and economic climate, protecting board members, staff and the organization itself from claims is critical. HANO provides low-cost, high-quality D&O insurance. Read More
Your Membership Is Important: The more nonprofit members HANO has the more effective the Alliance can be on their behalf. To learn more about HANO and to apply for membership, joining more than 270 Hawaii nonprofits who are already members, click HERE.
TRY HANO's Job Bank
Hire the Best; Find a New Job: HANO's powerful online Job Bank brings Hawaii nonprofit employers and jobseekers together. Employers, post a job or scan candidate resumes. Job hunters, post your resume for FREE and let jobs find you. Check it out − click HERE.
USE HANO Consultants
Let HANO Assist You: We can bring workshops like board governance, budgeting, fund development and advocacy to your nonprofit. We also facilitate conversations and planning sessions and provide other services. For details, click HERE.