Join us to learn more about and discuss what it means to "Turn Outward" and more authentically connect with, listen to, and engage with the communities we serve.
Back by popular demand, Rich Harwood of The Harwood Institute for Public Innovation will return to continue the conversation started during his keynote address at NOURISH: HANOCON and Awards 2016.
Missed HANOCON? You can view a recording of Rich's talk on 'Olelo Community Media (starts at the 22:00 minute mark).
By learning to Turn Outward, we:
- use the community, not the conference room, as the reference point for our choices and judgments
- reimagine ourselves as a public innovators; leaders who move our communities forward
- establish greater community relevance and produce greater impact
Feedback from Rich's HANOCON keynote:
- "Outstanding. Excellent speaker"
- "[Rich's] speech was very moving as a nonprofit CEO and dealing with his own personal dilemma makes me fight and work harder for what do in the nonprofit arena"
- "I like how he approached the participants early in the morning to get to know his audience. This personal gesture is a good example of his motto of making 'shared aspirations.'"
- "Passionate and easy to listen to and follow!"
WHEN AND WHERE:
Thursday, March 30, 2017
9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. (Registration at 8:30 a.m.)
YWCA Laniakea, 1040 Richards Street, Honolulu
Registration fee: $20 HANO members; $40 non-members
GROUP DISCOUNT: for teams of 3 or more: $15 per member; $35 per non-member
Thanks to generous support from the Freeman Foundation, we're able to offer this opportunity at subsidized registration rates.