HANO has partnered with publisher Columbia Books & Information Services to conduct a large scale nonprofit compensation survey for Hawaii nonprofits. Nonprofit members of HANO that participate in the survey will receive a free copy of the report. Non-member nonprofits that participate in the survey will be eligible to purchase a copy of the report at a discounted price.
To register to participate in the 2017 survey, please visit:
What is the 2017 Hawai'i Nonprofit Salary Survey?
Prepared and produced by experts with over 30 years of experience conducting compensation reports, this annual salary survey is designed specifically for nonprofits. It is the fastest and easiest-to-use salary survey available. With over 100 job descriptions, a quick and easy interface and a robust support team behind it, taking the survey is easy, and the resulting report will be a tremendous help to your nonprofit.
- It’s fast, easy, and FREE. Clear job descriptions make matching your positions simple and straightforward.
- The survey is specific to nonprofits like yours. You can compare your organization’s staff salary levels to those of similar organizations.
- The more participants we have, the better the data will be. High participation produces robust results, benefiting both nonprofits and those seeking to work in the nonprofit sector in our state.
- The results will help you and your organization set fair and competitive compensation – the key to hiring and maintaining valuable employees.
What will the final report include?
- Hard data to use to analyze your nonprofit's salary structure
- Specific market salary information for over 100 positions. Easy-to-read charts include median salaries, average salaries and more
- Changes in nonprofit pay levels from one year to the next
- Salary differences by non-profit type, budget, and staff size
- All-new enhanced benefits section
Your Questions Answered:
- Who fills out the survey? Primarily HR or finance executives at associations and nonprofits, but if you don’t have a dedicated HR or finance staff person, your executive director would be the most appropriate person to complete the survey.
- Is it difficult? No. The user interface is designed for easy input of compensation information. A support team will be available for troubleshooting.
- Is it secure? Absolutely. The user interface is encrypted and password protected.
- What if I filled this out last year? If you participated since 2014, the survey will “remember” your responses from the last time, which will make filling the survey out much easier!
- Is there a cost? It is 100% free to fill out the survey, and if you are a HANO member you will receive a free copy of the final report (participating non-members can purchase at a 50% discount).
What past participants have said about the survey:
"As a participant I found the survey was easy to take and didn't consume a lot of my time. The resulting report is going to be a valuable tool for myself and our board of directors"
- Linda Elliot, President, Hawaii Wildlife Center
"The survey contained so many options under job positions - it was easy to find and list our staff salaries"
- Bryce Chitwood, Director of Operations, Central Christian Camp
We hope that you will contribute to this vital study. Participation is free and all results are confidential. We encourage you to forward this information to other organizations you think might be interested.
When will the report be available and how much will it cost?
The report will be available in June. The full report is free participating HANO members, $75 for HANO members who did not participate, $75 for non-members who participated, and $150 for non-members who did not participate.
To register to participate in this year’s survey, please visit: