Resources Available Online to Guide a Start-Up
- The National Council of Nonprofits' “How to Start a Nonprofit."
- The Foundation Center's FAQ on creating a new nonprofit with links to nonprofit-startup resources on the web and in print.
- The Internal Revenue Service provides in-depth information and resources for applying for and maintaining tax-exempt status.
- Hawaii nonprofits that solicit contributions must register with the the Hawaii Attorney General's Office. Click HERE to find out more.
- The State Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs "FAQs: Guide for Nonprofit Organizations."
- New Hawaii nonprofit corporations also must register with the Hawaii DCCA. Click HERE to register online.
- The Urban Institute maintains "The Nonprofit FAQ," based on questions and answers about nonprofit organizations exchanged on the Internet since 1994.
Your Membership Is Important: The more nonprofit members HANO has the more effective the Alliance can be on their behalf. To learn more about HANO and to apply for membership, joining more than 270 Hawaii nonprofits who are already members, click HERE.
TRY HANO's Job Bank
Hire the Best; Find a New Job: HANO's powerful online Job Bank brings Hawaii nonprofit employers and jobseekers together. Employers, post a job or scan candidate resumes. Job hunters, post your resume for FREE and let jobs find you. Check it out − click HERE.
USE HANO Consultants
Let HANO Assist You: We can bring workshops like board governance, budgeting, fund development and advocacy to your nonprofit. We also facilitate conversations and planning sessions and provide other services. For details, click HERE.
Copyright 2017, Hawai'i Alliance of Nonprofit Organizations