The Hawai`i Alliance of Nonprofit Organizations unites and strengthens the nonprofit sector as a collective force to improve the quality of life in Hawaii.
- Build a diverse alliance of nonprofit members, statewide and sector-wide, working in harmony
- Be an advocate for the nonprofit sector to build community awareness of its value and how to invest resources
- Establish a firm business foundation for HANO and financial commitments from its members
What We Do
HANO, like other state alliances of nonprofits affiliated with the National Council of Nonprofits, is working to provide programs in six areas:
- Leadership and convening – HANO brings together nonprofit leaders for networking, learning, sharing ideas and collaboration.
- Advocacy and public policy – HANO is the "go-to" organization for decision makers seeking information about nonprofits and provide planning services for community groups.
- Research and information – HANO is a clearinghouse of information for and about the nonprofit sector in Hawaii and provide capacity-building consulting services.
- Communications – HANO provides newsletters, job listings, event calendars, member updates, briefings and other communications resources for Hawaii nonprofits.
- Professional development – HANO provides workshops and partners with other organizations to develop a comprehensive menu of training opportunities.
- Products and services – HANO puts the collective-buying power of its membership to work to save member organizations time and money.