On Friday, October 5, HANO will present the Nonprofit Board Leadership Institute (NBLI) in conjunction with HANOCON & Awards 2018. NBLI provides professionals board governance training to become effective board members and community leaders.
If you are:
- a professional with skills and expertise to offer the nonprofit sector and want to give back to the community
- considering serving on a nonprofit board
- wondering how to select the best organization to serve that matches your interests
- new to nonprofit board service and want to build your nonprofit know-how
- currently serving on a nonprofit board and want to take your board leadership to the next level
This essential board governance training is for you!
NBLI provides professionals with board governance training to become effective board members and community leaders. The first half of the day will provide an overview of best practices in nonprofit board governance, key responsibilities all board members need to be aware of, the elements of a successful board-staff relationship and effective organizational planning and evaluation to help nonprofit organizations achieve their missions. We’ll also cover how to determine which nonprofit is right for you.
At lunch and in the afternoon, participants will have the opportunity to network, connect with with Hawaii’s nonprofit leaders and attend sessions at the HANO conference that meet their interests. The day concludes with a cocktail reception from 4:45 to 6 p.m.
Friday, October 5, 2018
8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. (Registration at 7:30 a.m.)
Cocktail reception to follow from 4:45 to 6 p.m.
Pomaikaʻi Ballrooms, 735 Iwilei Road, Honolulu
- $300.00 – includes continental breakfast, lunch, cocktail reception and training materials
For more information about NBLI, contact Jennifer Cornish Creed at (808)529-0453 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR NBLI HAS CLOSED, however, you are invited to register on-site.
- please arrive at the event venue by 7:30 a.m. on Friday, Oct. 5 for on-site registration
- the training will be held at Pomaikai Ballrooms in the Dole Cannery, 735 Iwilei Rd, Honolulu; directions can be viewed here
- validated parking is available for registered participants in the Dole Cannery parking lot for $6
- Pomaika’i Ballrooms is located on the 2nd level of the parking structure