We help nonprofits make Hawai‘i better.
There are thousands of nonprofits in Hawai‘i–each trying to make a difference on their own. The mission of the Hawai‘i Alliance of Nonprofit Organizations (HANO) is to unite and strengthen the nonprofit sector as a collective force to improve the quality of life in Hawai‘i.
- Bring together a diverse alliance of nonprofits, statewide and sector-wide, to network, learn, share ideas, collaborate, and partner.
- Advocate for the nonprofit sector to build community awareness of its value and how to invest resources.
- Provide communications, tools, and resources to facilitate dialogue and gathering and disseminating information for and about the sector and the community.
- Provide professional and organizational development–workshops on nonprofit best practices and capacity-building consulting services for nonprofits and community groups.
- Put the collective buying power of the membership to work to save member organizations time and money.