We help nonprofits make Hawai‘i better.
There are thousands of nonprofits in Hawai‘i–each trying to make a difference on their own. The mission of the Hawai‘i Alliance of Nonprofit Organizations (HANO) is to unite and strengthen the nonprofit sector as a collective force to improve the quality of life in Hawai‘i.
Hawaii’s nonprofit organizations are adaptive, professional, respected and well-resourced. They are authentically engaged, listening, voicing together and solving issues important to our communities.
Our Values in Practice:
SUPPORT nonprofits to effectively meet their missions and serve our communities. We demonstrate this value when we:
- Remain informed on national and local trends and sector and organizational needs;
- Serve as an accessible repository of resources and expertise;
- Share and provide guidance on best practices;
- Take an assets-based approach, meeting organizations and individuals where they are and providing customized support in the way that works best for them;
- Encourage democracy and amplify sector voices through our public policy work.
Encourage COLLABORATION in the sector so that nonprofits can be a powerful force for good in the community. We demonstrate this value when we:
- Remain informed about the work nonprofits are doing statewide;
- Provide opportunities for nonprofits to connect and identify common values and goals;
- Where appropriate, facilitate dialogue on issues identified by our constituents (within the sector and across nonprofit, private and government sectors);
- Shine the light on successful models and examples of collaboration leveraging and expanding resources and strengthening mission impact;
- Practice and role model collaboration ourselves.
Create SPACE FOR HEALTHY DIALOGUE AROUND CHALLENGING ISSUES. We demonstrate this value when we:
- Remain informed about the critical issues that nonprofits and community partners are grappling with;
- Listen to understand diverse perspectives of all stakeholders;
- Play a neutral, facilitative role in critical discussions that we are invited to convene;
- Convene stakeholders to discuss identified sector priorities but remain transparent about our own agenda;
- Role model and encourage honest conversations.
Stand for DIVERSITY, INCLUSION and EQUITY. We demonstrate this value when we:
- Ask tough questions and are willing to have uncomfortable conversations as we seek to better understand complex issues;
- Educate ourselves and the sector so that we can work together collectively to promote diversity, inclusion and equity;
- Embrace a broad definition of diversity that includes race, ethnicity, gender and gender identity, age, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, education, marital status, language, physical appearance, and diversity of thought, ideas, perspectives, and values;
- Support the fair treatment, access, opportunity, and advancement of all people;
- Make no assumptions and value everyone’s unique contributions;
- Work to understand a person’s behavior in the context of that person’s story;
- Create learning and convening environments in which everyone is and feels welcomed, respected, supported, and valued to fully participate;
- Turn outward to our community, engaging and including them in shaping our future.