Covid-19: Resources for Nonprofits
Table of Contents
- Sample Policies, Guidelines and Considerations
- Federal Stimulus Package Information
- Additional Information
Sample Policies, Guidelines and Considerations
- COVID-19 Employer Resources from Simplicity HR: The latest employer-related news, planning & preparation, quarantine & employee leave.
- HANO’s CONSIDERATIONS FOR REOPENING: A Planning Guide for Hawaiʻi Nonprofits: Offers guidance for nonprofit boards and staff on Operations and Workplace Readiness, Human Resources Considerations, Board Governance, Communication and Public Relations, and Events and Donor Engagement.
- Common Cause 50 Reopening Memo
- How To Develop a Covid-19 Vaccination Policy – Harvard Business Review
- NYCON and Affiliate Reopening Plan
- Vaccine Mandates and Your Nonprofit – National Council of Nonprofits
- Nonprofits and the COVID-19 Vaccines – National Council of Nonprofits
- What You Should Know About COVID-19 and the ADA, the Rehabilitation Act, and Other EEO Laws – U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS) on COVID-19 vaccination and testing – Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- HIPAA, COVID-19 Vaccination, and the Workplace – U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Sample Vaccination Policy Templates – Template A & Template B
- Sample Vaccination Policies
Federal Stimulus Package Information
- State and Local Funds | American Rescue Plan Funds
- Strengthening State and Local Economies in Partnership with Nonprofits: Principles, Recommendations, and Models for Investing Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds
- Tracking COVID-19 Federal Funds for Hawaiʻi — Hawaiʻi Data Collaborative provides clarity and insight on all federal dollars Hawaiʻi has received, or is eligible to receive, to assist with the impacts of COVID-19, and to gain a better understanding of where the dollars are going and how it was spent.
- The American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Fact Sheet | Department of Treasury
- The American Rescue Plan | The White House
- FACT SHEET: Historic Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal | The White House
- The American Rescue Plan Act Funding Breakdown | NACo
- Bidenʻs Six-Point Plan to Combat Covid-19
- FEMA – COVID-19 Funeral Assistance: FEMA is providing financial assistance for COVID-19 related funeral expenses incurred after January 20, 2020.
- Aloha United Way 211: Hawaiʻi’s only comprehensive, statewide community information and referral service. Free and confidential. 211 specialists help you find food, shelter, financial assistance, child care, parenting support, elderly care, disability services, job training and much more.
- City and County of Honolulu COVID response page
- Completing a Single Audit? Watch out for these common 6 mistakes: As a result of COVID-19 related legislation, many nonprofits will need to undertake a Single Audit for the first time. This article describes how nonprofits can prepare for a Single Audit and the pitfalls to avoid.
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), State of Hawaiʻi Department of Health Disease Outbreak Control Division: Current Situation, Impact in Hawaiʻi, What can I do?, Resources, Information for Clinicians
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources from Hawaiʻi Employers Council
- CoronaTracker: Global stats, countries affected, international news, travel alerts, prevention and analytics.
- COVID-19 Employer Toolkit Designed Exclusively for Nonprofits: Includes Sample Emergency Family and Medical Leave Policy, Sample Emergency Paid Sick Leave Policy, Sample Work from Home Policy, and more.
- Hawaiʻi COVID-19 Tracker — Hawaiʻi Data Collaborative
- Is it a HIPAA Violation to Ask for Proof of Vaccine Status?: Posted By HIPAA Journal on May 25, 2021
- Kōkua Mau Resource List for Healthcare Professionals: Toolkits, telehealth guides, webinars, hospice information & more.
- Kūkulu Switchboard: Created in response to the COVID-19 crisis to enable timely resource exchange through a facilitated digital peer-to-peer network. Asks and Offers for resources (financial, human, or otherwise) are posted, categorized, and searchable to easily connect with needs. DEMO VIDEO, Virtual Tour.
- National Council of Nonprofits’ Coronavirus Resource Page: We are updating this page regularly with the latest information and resources that nonprofits can use to prepare and respond. Topics include: Caring for our communities and ourselves, Resources for funding, Resources on nonprofit operations and bottom lines, Keeping equity front and center, State-by-state resources, Advocacy for nonprofit missions, Technology tools for remote work and events.
- Pop-Up Mākeke – Online Marketplace for Local Vendors: The Council for Native Hawaiian Advancement (CNHA) launched an online Pop-Up Mākeke to support our local artists and small business owners in Hawaiʻi impacted by COVID-19. The goal: Create a centralized online marketplace for customers to have easy access to local products.
- Zoom Discounted Services for HANO Members: HANO members can receive 20% off all plans that are at least a one (1) year term.
- Guidelines for Document Retention and Destruction Policy: Although many nonprofits are working from home and documentation has been electronic, hard copy records are still important. There are some auditors who will not accept scans of documents and require the originals for review even during the pandemic
To see a list of archived resources click here.