On Friday, October 11, HANO will present its 5th Nonprofit Board Leadership Institute (NBLI).
If you are:
- a professional with skills and expertise to offer the nonprofit sector and want to give back to the community
- considering serving on a nonprofit board
- wondering how to select the best organization to serve that matches your interests
- new to nonprofit board service and want to build your nonprofit know-how
- currently serving on a nonprofit board and want to take your board leadership to the next level
…this essential board governance training is for you!
NBLI provides professionals with board governance training to become effective board members and community leaders. The first half of the day will provide an overview of best practices in nonprofit board governance, key responsibilities all board members need to be aware of, the elements of a successful board-staff relationship and effective organizational planning and evaluation to help nonprofit organizations achieve their missions. We’ll also cover how to determine which nonprofit is right for you. All participants in the NBLI are eligible to post their profile on HANO’s NBLI website, where HANO member nonprofits can search for qualified potential board members.
At lunch and in the afternoon, participants will have the opportunity to network, connect with with Hawaii’s nonprofit leaders and attend sessions at the HANO conference that meet their interests. The day concludes with a cocktail reception from 4:45 to 6 p.m.
Friday, October 11, 2019
8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. (Registration at 7:30 a.m.)
Cocktail reception to follow from 4:45 to 6 p.m.
Pomaikaʻi Ballrooms, 735 Iwilei Road, Honolulu
Includes continental breakfast, lunch, cocktail reception and training materials.
HANO member rate: $300.00
Non-memer rate: $325
For more information about NBLI, contact Jennifer Cornish Creed at (808)529-0453 or email@example.com.