The purpose of this interactive training at the State Capitol Auditorium is to provide skills-based learning about working with youth experiencing CSEC or at-risk to be exploited. The trainers will facilitate what CSEC looks like in Hawaii, mandatory report, the neurobiological impact of trauma on youth, best practice in working with CSEC youth, the opportunity for service areas to assess what they are currently doing or not doing related to outreach and services for CSEC youth, and to begin action planning for CSEC identification, response and services.
- Participants will be able to summarize what CSEC looks like in Hawaii.
- Participants will be able to define the risk and protective factors related to CSEC.
- Participants will be able to describe the basics of trauma-informed and victim-centered services for youth who have experienced CSEC.
- Participants will apply the concept of harm reduction in their interactions with CSEC youth.
- Participants will acquire a basic understanding of resources that are essential to building an effective trauma-informed, victim-centered response for youth victims of CSEC.
Register online by MAY 15, 2019.