HANOCON is our largest annual gathering in which we bring together nonprofit professionals–as well as sector allies, supporters, and advocates–to network, learn, share ideas, collaborate, and partner.
HANOCON & Awards 2018
HANOCON & AWARDS 2018 is confirmed for October 4-5, 2018. The main event will occur on Friday, October 5, and a number of pre-conference workshops will be offered as optional add-ons the day prior, October 4.
This year’s conference theme, E ‘Ohana Hou, draws inspiration from a model shared by Pono Shim of O‘ahu Economic Development Board which challenges us to adopt a discipline of ‘honoring the other’ and is rooted in a mindset of living aloha. Much of our work in the nonprofit sector has become siloed and transactional in ways that devalue our relationships and limit our collective potential to build thriving, connected communities. During this year’s gathering, we’re challenging ourselves (and you!) to expand the circle, make new connections, and thoughtfully pursue a more relational ethic in our work.
2018 REGISTRATION RATES
- HANO Member // early bird registration: $210 – ends at 6:00 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 24
- Non-member // early bird registration: $240 – ends at 6:00 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 24
- HANO Member // regular registration: $240
- Non-member // regularly registration: $270
- NONPROFIT GROUP RATE // four registrations: $800 (click here and select ‘Friend of the Sector’)
- Download a sponsorship + exhibitor packet
2018 Nonprofit Board Leadership Institute
Back by popular demand, we will present the Hawai‘i Nonprofit Board Leadership Institute (NBLI) simultaneously with HANOCON & Awards 2018. This training is specifically designed for board members as well as aspiring board members. If you are:
- a professional with skills and expertise to offer the nonprofit sector,
- considering serving on a nonprofit board,
- new to nonprofit board service and want to build your nonprofit know-how, or
- currently serving on a nonprofit board and want to take your board leadership to the next level
…we invite you to join us for this essential board governance training. [registration link coming soon!]