HANOCON is our largest annual gathering in which we bring together nonprofit professionals–as well as sector allies, supporters, and advocates–to network, learn, share ideas, collaborate, and partner.
HANOCON & AWARDS 2018 took place on October 4-5, 2018 at Pomaika’i Ballrooms in Honolulu. The main event occured on Friday, Oct. 5, and two pre-conference workshops were offered as optional add-ons the day prior, Oct. 4.
The conference theme, E ‘Ohana Hou, drew inspiration from a model shared by Pono Shim of O‘ahu Economic Development Board which challenges us to adopt a discipline of ‘honoring the other’ and is rooted in a mindset of living aloha. Much of our work in the nonprofit sector has become siloed and transactional in ways that devalue our relationships and limit our collective potential to build thriving, connected communities. During this year’s gathering, we challenged ourselves (and attendees!) to expand the circle, make new connections, and thoughtfully pursue a more relational ethic in our work.
Additional event details and highlights:
- 2018 Nonprofit Award Winners
- 2018 Sponsors and Exhibitors
- conference schedule and session descriptions
- conference program booklet
2018 REGISTRATION RATES
- HANO Member // EARLY BIRD registration: $210
- Non-member // EARLY BIRD registration: $240
- HANO Member // REGULAR registration: $240
- Non-member // REGULAR registration: $270
- HANO Member // LATE registration: $270
- Non-member // LATE registration: $300
- Awards Luncheon only: $75 individual ticket; $1,000 table of ten
- Nonprofit Board Leadership Institute: $300 (runs concurrently with HANOCON)
- Conference Pre-Workshops on Oct. 4, 2018: $79 HANO members, $99 non-members