Navigating Grant Resources
If you’re completely new to seeking funds to support your nonprofit, click on the links below to access resources that can help you get started.
- For the basics about fundraising in the nonprofit sector, including the charitable solicitation law– what it is and how to comply with it, click here.
- To learn more about principles and practices that support ethical fundraising, click here.
- To experience the Kūkulu Switchboard, a platform that connects community to resource stewards (philanthropy, donors, peers), and enables timely resource exchange through a human-operated online platform, click here.
- If you are wondering how to start a nonprofit organization, click here.
If you’re interested in learning more about cultivating relationships with individual donors or overall fund development strategies, click here to connect with training opportunities from the Association of Fundraising Professionals – Aloha Chapter.
If you are interested in pro tips about federal grant writing you may find these training videos helpful:
- Federal Grant Series – Effective Grantseeking: Lessons From the Field
- Federal Grant Series – Federal Appropriations Primer
- Federal Grant Series – Getting Smart on Federal Grants
- Lessons from the Field: Federal Grants Learnings Rooted in Hawaiʻi Case Studies
- If you are pursuing a specific federal grant, you may be eligible for support under the Grants Technical Assistance Services program