Running a nonprofit is very rewarding, but it can be challenging as well. The staff is usually small and tasks given to people who have little to no training in the area required. Nowhere is this truer than when it comes to doing the books.
Few nonprofits can afford to hire a CPA, or a full-time bookkeeper, to handle the organization’s accounting functions. Many end up having the executive director or administrative assistant enter the transactions when they have the time. It is this combination of non-accounting types, performing the accounting functions, coupled with unique and difficult report requirements, that result in many frustrating hours lost, less-than-accurate reports, and ultimately an unhappy board.
The great news is QuickBooks® can, if used properly, give you all of this information instantly at a push of a button. It can track all of your income and expenses, even for specific programs and restricted grants; track donations and pledges; keep your bank balances up-to-date; and, most importantly, give you detailed profit and loss reports compared to the budget to help you analyze how you are doing.
QuickBooks® teaches you how to easily setup your QuickBooks® file; enter common nonprofit specific transactions; get clean financials and create the reports you have always wanted – quickly and easily.
HANO members save 25 percent on QuickBooks® retail prices. Click here to learn more and to order your QuickBooks® Essentials. To receive your HANO member discount code, contact Laurie Nakamoto at email@example.com.
QuickBooks® offers a basics training, The Essentials, as well as an intermediate/advanced training, Beyond the Essentials. Both are on CD or DVD and come with follow-along handbooks tailored for those working in the nonprofit sector.
- Track Restricted Grants
- Enter Annual Budget and Compare to Actual Results
- Set up Chart of Accounts to match the Audit and 990 Return
- Enter your Donors, Members, or Students
- Create Classes to Track Your Programs
- Set up Your Vendors
- Learn the Best Way to Enter Transactions
- Enter Donations and Grants
- Track Outstanding Pledges
- Enter Pledges in Installments … and much more.
Beyond the Essentials
- Track Special Events
- Budget by Programs and Grants
- Track Volunteers
- Customize Forms
- Enter Recurring Member Dues Automatically
- Create Personalized Donor Thank You Letters
- Track Funds
- Record In-kind Gifts
- Track Capital Campaigns
- Correct Bank Rec Outages
- Auto-Allocate Expenses to Programs and Grants … and much more.