If you think it’s too late to apply for the CARES Act loans, think again. “CARES Act 2.0” is in the works as we speak and will likely appropriate more relief funds for nonprofits and small businesses. There’s still time to apply for the PPP (Payroll Protection Program), EIDL (Economic Injury Disaster Loan) and Mid-Size Business loans and we encourage you to do so.
Need a helping hand deciding whether to apply for the PPP or EIDL or both? Want help with the application process?
FREE Technical Assistance is Available!
Thanks to generous support from the Hawaii Community Foundation, HANO is able to offer FREE technical assistance to the first 300 nonprofits who request assistance on a new SBA loan application through the following team of experts:
Stacey Katakura of Accumulus, HANO Member Benefit Partner
- I am a CPA, business owner and former CFO with over 20 years of experience in accounting and finance. I have spent the last 6 years in the outsourced accounting/CFO business, helping small businesses and nonprofits with financial management and strategic planning.
- Reach Stacey and her team at firstname.lastname@example.org – we understand the urgency of everyone’s situation during this crisis and are working around the clock to respond to inquiries within 24 hours, even though it might be outside of normal business hours.
Andreana Reyes of Liliʻuokalani Trust
- I have experience in helping nonprofits apply for funding and was previously a collections and loans officer at a local credit union.
- Reach Andreana at email@example.com.
Marie Villa of Villa Business Consulting
- Our company has 40+ years’ combined experience in helping connect nonprofits and for-profits with funding opportunities.
- Reach Marie at firstname.lastname@example.org on Monday through Wednesday between 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. (She will contact you within 24 hours.)
- I have 16 years bookkeeping and tax preparation experience, 6 years experience grant writing and managing nonprofit finances. Skilled in applying for PPP, EIDL, FFCRA, and Employee Retention Tax Credit. And I’m funny – I’ll make you laugh, even if you want to cry right now.
- Reach Kelea at email@example.com during regular business hours Monday – Saturday.
Michelle Bartell at American Savings Bank
- Michelle is Director of Community Advancement at ASB
- I’ve been at the bank for 6 years and have 15 years of nonprofit fund development and leadership experience. I will connect you with one of our team members who can assist you.
- Reach Michelle at 808-255-5102 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Melissa Unemori Hampe of Skog Rasmussen LLC
- I have helped organizations apply for federal, state, county, foundation, and corporate external funding for roughly 10 years. I also worked in federal government for about 11 years, so I understand and can interpret federal regulations and can advise on government processes.
- Reach Melissa at email@example.com, but it may take until the next business day to respond if contacted after 6 pm.
Patrick Boyce, CFA, CPA
- I’ve served as CFO of a $20 million nonprofit here on O’ahu and Board Treasurer and Finance committee member for multiple nonprofits using my 25+ years experience in lending and financial planning/analysis. We can make it through this difficult season by helping those in need and coming together as a community.
- Reach Patrick at (808) 763-7196 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To take advantage of this offer, choose a consultant from the list above and contact them directly. Please let them know you were referred by HANO. Good luck!